Monday, April 9, 2018

Blog #4 "The Horror movie experience"

Horror movies are loved by millions of people all over the US. I am one of them. Nothing can compare to watching these movies on the big screen. Watching them in the dark adds to your feelings of uncertain worrisome, anticipation, knowing that something scary, bad, evil, or grotesque is about to happen.I have one rule mandatory for me when it comes to watching scary movies: #1.) I have to watch them in complete darkness, or at night, no exceptions! There are different aspects of horror movies that include: fantasy, Syfy, mystery, true story, crime, drama. I'm not the type of scary/horror movie lover that just watches one particular type of horror movie, but I think at the top of my list, the ones I like the most would be movies that are based on true stories. The aspect of it being true gives it a more erie, terrifying, hair-raising, spine and bone- chilling feeling the keeps me at the edge of my seat. These feelings are exactly what keeps me loving these types of movies. I remember when I was a little kid watching the Chucky movies mesmerised, and frightened by this little doll that was crazy, evil and killing people. Knowing it was a backdrop for a true story, gave it an edge and popularity making it loved by so many then; and still loved by so many today. Iconic classic horror movies like the Freddy, Jason, and Michael Myer movies are what shaped the horror movie industry and how they are today. This nostalgia of horror movies will always be forever popular and will never diminish in popularity. The excitement and feelings these type of movies give to people; makes it a true American Pastime and will always remain one in the future. So go out and enjoy a scary movie today or even better tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Im a huge horror movie buff. So this was a really cool entry. I agree there is nothing quite like a good horror movie

    ReplyDelete

Bolg #11 Trust the process

 This fast-paced blog experience is coming to an end, but maybe not for good. Not knowing what to expect in this experience, I actually ha...