Saturday, April 28, 2018

Blog #8 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS



I am the proud owner of a 2005 Chevy Monte Carlo LS, its the red one at the very top. I recently got this vehicle around May of 2016. I came across an amazing deal where I was able to sell my vehicle at the time, a 1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham 2-door coupe, and then buy my 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. Its standard Engine size is 3.4-liter V-6 with a sequential multi-point fuel injection. 180-hp at 5,200 rpm's, with 205lbs.-ft tourque.


 It has a standard transmission 4-speed automatic w/over-drive, and a transmission lock-up torque converter. At the time I bought it; it only had 120,000 original miles and two previous owners. Usually with every vehicle I've had, I use it and put money into it to fix it up and resell it for more to then buy another vehicle and continue the process again. I am not going to do this with my Monte though, I will keep it and  hold on to it, use it,  put money into it, and fix it up like one of these show cars in these videos. Little by little I'll get it done. Since I bought my vehicle, I have done some maintenance, and upgrades for it, for example; replaced brand new are the radiator, alternator, dashboard, ac blower motor, ac system, brake system, struts, the control arms, motor mounts, rims, tires, spark plugs, filters, fuses......... I know there's more stuff I just can't think of it right now, but one thing I want to really do is fix up my Monte like these on the videos. You can call me cliche or a weirdo but I like this style, and look of vehicle. The big rims make it look like a Hot Wheels car, a big toy car in real life. For those of you who do not know what a Hot Wheels car is, click on this link
 I will do it from the ground up, whole new suspension system, struts, contol arms, brake system, rims and tires, a paint job, and for the interior to be fully re-done, with an engine overhaul souped up, and putting in a new Magna-Flow exhaust system to give it that extra power, and sound how it's supposed to be. It's all a matter of time though, my time is coming, bigger and better things await me and my 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Bolg #11 Trust the process

 This fast-paced blog experience is coming to an end, but maybe not for good. Not knowing what to expect in this experience, I actually ha...